When global audio giant JBL asked us to spearhead their launch into the world of competitive gaming we took this as an opportunity to showcase just what our company could do. For over a decade King Creative has worked with and supported many gaming technology brands such as ASUS Computers, Republic Of Gamers, INTEL, ROCCAT, RIOT, ESL and PAX to name a few.
However, this campaign was to take on some of the world’s largest gaming competitors who had been in the marketplace for ten years or more. We had to launch audio products within a saturated market and also look to take market share off these longstanding competitors.
King Creative executed our entire end to end strategy. From PR, Virtual Events, Activations to Social content, Influencer management and partnerships. Without their expertise, JBL QUANTUM would not be where it is today. So proud of our results and we’re just getting started.Ashleigh Kingston, Marketing Brand Manager at Harman International.
Let’s Start With Our Results.
Sound Is Survival was the brand slogan given to the team at King Creative. We set out to create a number of unique touch points to engage consumers, media and partners across the gaming sphere.
- OVER 100 MILLION ONLINE READERSHIP.
- OVER 36 MILLION VIEWS ON DIGITAL CONTENT & STREAMS.
- TWO TEAMS OF INFLUENCERS ACROSS TWO COUNTRIES.
- ACHIEVED TOP SELLER IN RETAIL STORES IN 12 MONTHS.
- 5% OF OVERALL SALES WITHIN 24 MONTHS
How did we do it?
So how did we take JBL’s unknown brand into a crowded marketplace and execute a solid return on investment for our client? Simple – we used our five-step method to create a bespoke approach to leave no doubts within consumers’ minds that JBL wasn’t here to play games.
Using JBL Sound Is Survival’s brand slogan and an incredible range of new gaming products, the team at King Creative set out to create a number of unique touch points to engage consumers, media and partners across the gaming sphere. These touch points were vital in the lead up to the success that was achieved.
- Build A Dedicated Gaming Squad.
- Seed Product Directly To The Media.
- Look To Support Local Causes & Tell Stories.
- Connect With Key Partners.
- Create Interactive Events.
Create A Dedicated Team Of Supporters.
Our JBL QUANTUM Squad are dedicated streamers, reviewers and esports professionals who love the brand. Most use the products daily and connect with their audience through social media on Twitch, You Tube and more.
- Source, Manage and Support A Dedicated Team of Gamers.
- Give This Dedicated Team Product Exclusives and Competitions.
- Allow Gamers To Showcase The Product That Is Authentic To Them.
Do you need a marketing health check?
Take our 3min scorecard and see how your marketing approach stacks up.
Look To Support Local Initiatives.
As part of our unique strategy we talked about topics that were at the forefront of gamers’ minds everywhere. We worked directly with national charity MINUS 18 and supported National Trans Awareness Week.
- Secured A Dedicated Charity Partner.
- Work Directly With Twitch Personality Toby On The Tele.
- Created A Bespoke Streaming Event That Talked About The Key Topics.
Partner With the Movers & Shakers.
We also aligned with key gaming title partners in different games to secure a localised foothold on gamers within specific titles including Rocket League, Fortnite and Valorant to name a few.
- Source New Partners Within The Gaming Sphere.
- Gain High Levels Of Engagement And Content.
- Allow JBL to Partner With Key Titles.
Support Global Interactive Events.
The last component was to support global gaming initiatives that emerged, localising them within Australia and New Zealand.
- Work With Gaming Partners ESL.
- Support A Local Retail Partner Harvey Norman.
- Allow JBL QUANTUM CUP to become a household name within Gaming Events.
Very rarely do you get the opportunity to launch such an incredible brand to the masses. However, the results speak for themselves and there was so much more that the team did to make this a success.
It goes without saying that making a multi-country approach to anything is going to be insanely resource-intensive. So a huge thank you must go to our incredible client Harman International & JBL / JBL QUANTUM for their outstanding support in all areas of marketing. Without dedicated vision and support, there is just no way that we would’ve achieved what we have and will continue to do. It’s clients like these that know the true value of agencies like ours and how we can deliver more than just a good idea. We improved sales, increased reach, and truly captured the hearts and minds of gamers across two countries. The best part is that we are just getting started.
STAY TUNED FOR JBL QUANTUM 2.0