Every year IGEA releases a gaming report on how the industry is performing, providing new insights and trends that will be taking place in the year ahead.
We couldn’t interact with people in real life so we communicated with friends and strangers through online video games23yr old, Male Gamer, based in Perth, WA.
Working within the video game industry is vibrant, fun and ever-changing and you need to keep up to date in order to deliver valuable interactions. The following are key insights and data points that show how gaming has gone from a pastime activity into a mainstay interaction.
Gamers Have Multiple Devices.
Multiple gaming devices has increased as has the appetite for why gamers enjoy gaming.
- 36% 1 Device
- 8.6M Households Connected by Gaming.
- 5.5M Households Have Two Or More Gaming Devices.
Gamers Are Gender Conscious
- 38% Of Gamers Were Female in 2005. Now It’s 46%
- 17M Australians Are Connected With Video Games.
- 1% Are Non Binary This Number Is Set To Rise.
Gen Z are Gen Gamers
- 78% are GEN Z – under 17years old.
- 68% are 18 – 64 years old.
Would you like a free marketing report?
Simply complete our marketing scorecard and you’ll get all the information instantly.
- Learn Whether Your Marketing Is Going To Give You Results.
- Insights and Trends Given In An Easy To Read Report.
- Only Takes 3mins To Complete But It Could Save You Millions.
GEN Z CARE MORE ABOUT AUTHENTICITY THAN CAREER PROGRESSION